The Trust awards grants to nonprofits that provide direct assistance to those in our community who need food, clothing or shelter.
We prioritize requests that benefit disadvantaged and vulnerable children and older adults who reside within the five-county
Greater Philadelphia region (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties) or the City of Camden, NJ.
The Trust monitors basic needs trends in the region to help us reassess and adjust our grantmaking. We welcome you to contact
the Trust for a preliminary review of your request prior to applying - email@example.com.
- June 15 by 11:59 p.m. EST
- December 15 by 11:59 p.m. EST
Ready to apply?
Click here to access our online application.
Applications must be submitted through the Trust’s portal. Note: The Trust no longer accepts hard copy or emailed applications.
Please click here
to download our Basic Needs guidelines, including eligibility criteria and allowable uses of grant funds.
Eligibility and Use of Funds
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in existence for more than one (1) year are eligible to apply.
- The organization must have an established service location within the five-county Greater Philadelphia region (Bucks, Chester,
Delaware, Montgomery and Philadelphia counties) or the City of Camden, NJ.
- Funds must be used to address food, clothing and/or shelter needs of children or seniors living within the Trust’s targeted geographic region.
- Food: Allowable uses of grant funds for food include perishable and nonperishable food, produce, baby food and formula, prepackaged or prepared meals,
related supplies or equipment deemed essential for food distribution program, grocery gift cards and vouchers.
- Clothing: Allowable uses of grant funds for clothing include direct purchase of clothing for children or older adults, clothing gift cards or vouchers.
- Shelter: Allowable uses of grant funds for shelter include home furniture for clients (e.g., beds, cribs), housing payments or utility bills paid
directly to vendor, materials for home repair programs, supplies or items (e.g., furniture, equipment, appliances) deemed essential for the provision of
emergency shelter, transitional housing, or other residential programs for children or seniors.
- Facilities Improvements: Allowable uses of grants funds for facilities improvements include facilities renovations or repairs that directly impact
clients’ ability to access and benefit from a food program (e.g., pantry) or housing services (e.g., emergency shelter, transitional housing).
- If you have a basic needs program with costs that are outside of what is listed in these guidelines, we welcome you to inquire if the Trust would
consider those expenses.
- Grants are awarded for a one (1) year term. Organizations that receive three (3) consecutive years of funding must then wait two (2) years
before being eligible to reapply. We make this determination based on the calendar year of your notice of award.
- The minimum award is $5,000. There is no maximum award limit. Grants typically range from $10,000 to $40,000.